On Air Now

Listen

Listen Live Now » 101.9 FM Central Wisconsin

Weather

Current Conditions(Wausau,WI 54403)

More Weather »
60° Feels Like: 60°
Wind: W 3 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0.01”
Current Radar for Zip

Tonight

Clear 53°

Tomorrow

Mostly Sunny 75°

Wed Night

Clear 53°

Alerts

Meth-cooking in dorm room causes fire

by
Fire flames (properly sized)
Fire flames (properly sized)

PLATTEVILLE, Wisc (WSAU)  A fire inside a dorm room at UW-Platteville was started by students cooking a batch of methamphetamine. The fire happened at the Roundtree Commons dorm. The building was evacuated for about an hour.

A police report says the ingredients from the meth-cooking operation caught fire in a plastic trash can. Five people were treated for smoke inhalation.

The student, whose name wasn't released, was arrested on a charge of manufacturing meth. He'll make a court appearance later today.

Comments