Tim McGraw fans have been looking forward to his first album with Big Machine Records, Two Lanes of Freedom, hitting stores February 5th. Now it was just announced that fans will be able to purchase a new Tim McGraw album two weeks before. Tim's former label Curb is releasing Tim McGraw and Friends, an 11-track compilation of his collaborations with various vocalists on January 22nd.
The Boot is reporting that this is the most recent development in the battle between the "One of Those Nights" singer and Curb. The company is currently appealing a court decision made in November 2011 that allowed the performer to record with another label.
This past September, Tim and Big Machine had a small victory, when a judge ruled against having the company disclose documents and correspondence regarding their new act. Curb was seeking the information in order to prove that Tim violated his contract with them, and to determine how much his former label home should be compensated. However, the judge decided that requested information could be confidential, and therefore detrimental to Big Machine's business.
Two Lanes of Freedom, which includes Tim's current single "One of Those Nights" and his most recent Top 15 song, "Truck Yeah," is set for a Feb. 5 release. Pre-order it here.
You can pre-order Tim McGraw and Friends here.
Tim McGraw and Friends Track List:
1. "Sail On" -- Tim McGraw & Lionel Richie
2. "Twisted" -- Tim McGraw & Colt Ford
3. "Owe Them More Than That" -- Tim McGraw & Kenny Rogers
4. "Me and Tennessee" (from the motion picture "Country Strong") -- Tim McGraw & Gwyneth Paltrow
5. "Middle Age Crazy" -- Tim McGraw, Jerry Lee Lewis & Jon Brion
6. "Can't Hurt a Man" -- Tim McGraw & Randy Travis
7. "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" -- Tim McGraw & Tracy Lawrence
8. "Cold, Cold Heart" -- Tim McGraw & Tony Bennett
9. "Milk Cow Blues" -- Tim McGraw & Ray Benson
10. "Bring On the Rain" -- Tim McGraw & Jo Dee Messina
11. "It's Your Love" -- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
I can't imagine Tim could be very thrilled with this album being released without his input or consent. Will you purchase the duets album?