Fun Valentine's Day Facts
- In 2012, 196 million roses were grown for Valentine's Day. Brush up on color meanings before you buy. Remember, yellow = friend zone.
- 220,000 marriage proposals are made on V-Day each year. The average American wedding costs $27,000.
- Born in early November? Time to ask mom if you were conceived on V-Day. 11,000 babies will join you this year.
- 8 billion candy hearts are made each year for ME&YOU.
- More pregnancy tests are sold in March than any other month. Surprise!
- 15% of flower buyers send bouquets to themselves. That is, 15% of flower-buyers admit to sending bouquets to themselves.
- $396 million was spent on Valentine’s gifts for pets last year. Talk about puppy love.
- 190 million Valentines are sent each year. We love you. And you. And you.
- 64% of men don’t make plans for Valentines day in advance. If you’re reading this, it’s not too late. I bet someone who loves you would really love a Square gift card.