I read an article in Parenting Magazing back in February that I wanted to share after our little minivan conversation on the morning show yesterday. The article was called Mobile Genius: We test-drive the smartest, tech-iest family cars hitting the carpool lane and features the best vehicle in 7 categories.
- Easy Rider: Chevy Traverse-Three rows, up to eight seats, 17/24mpg. This car features wireless Bluetooth so you can hook up your smartphone to the SUV's sound system. The cup holders even accommodate juice boxes and sippy cups.
- Suburban Commando: Honda Odyssey Touring Elite-Three rows, 8 seats, 19/28mpg. This SUV comes with an extra pair of eyes that alert you to objects in your blind spot.
- Eco-A-Go-Go: Toyota Prius V-Five seats, 44/40mpg. The dashboard of this car doubles as a tablet! The in-dash touch screen lets you search the web, get live traffic reports, and even get your kids favorite music playlist through Pandora.
- Chic Cruiser: Infiniti JX-Three rows, seven seats, 17/23mpg. The collision sensors on this SUV will alert you to trouble, but if you don't stop the vehicle will stop itself! You can tap into the car's computer and sync your Google calendar to your GPS so you won't forget an appointment ever again.
- Versatile Party Wagon: Nissan Quest: LE Model-Three rows, seven seats, 19/24mpg. This minivan has one touch unlock and door open system for the side doors and the rear hatch. This vehicle is perfect for kids (or parents) with allergies because the "air scrubbing" system reduces odors while filtering allergens.
- Entertaining Neat Freak: Chrysler Town & Country-Three rows, seven seats, 17/25mpg. You can upgrade this minivan to get two 9 inch screens with Sirius Backseat TV and game connectors which makes that crosscountry roadtrip a little more bareable. Simply press a button to fold down the third row bench seat into the floor.
- Safety Wingman: Jetta SportWagen TDI-Five seats, 30/42mpg. This cute small SUV is super safe in the event of a collision it automatically shuts down the fuel pump, unlocks doors, and activates hazard lights. It also has side curtain airbags. This car is so fancy you don't even need to pull the keys out of your purse! As long as you have them near the car it will automatically unlock when you tough the door handles and you just push the ignition button to start it.