Babycenter.com has been a very informative site for me to use throughout this pregnancy. Surfing it today I found a list of 5 Things To Do Before Giving Birth.
- Have your house cleaned. Perhaps this is why we go through the nesting stage? Josh and I are trying to stay up on the house work because we know that when we come home from the hospital we won't be interested in doing it and we're expecting visitors when we arrive home and will probably have no energy to do a quick clean.
- Prepare food. Josh and I have some meals prepared and in the freezer knowing that we won't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen once baby arrives. Besides I'll be so busy feeding her I will probably need to be reminded to eat.
- Indulge in a little pampering. I won't be spending much time doing my nails or curling my hair once baby comes and my visits to the salon will probably be much shorter. I actually mentioned today that I really need a manicure. I should probably schedule that in the next couple days so I can fit that in before baby comes. I won't be getting one after she comes. The doctor also suggested I get a massage because that will help ease my back pain from baby dropping.
- Have some fun. Arrange a date night is what the website suggested. We actually haven't gone out in a while. We've been staying in a lot trying to save money knowing that we're going to be spending a lot more soon between hospital bills, daycare and diapers. So maybe we should take a night and splurge a little. Dinner and a movie maybe.
- Find a doctor for your baby. Last week we set up a consultation with a pediatrician that was recommended to us which was really nice. We got to ask him about his practice, his family and his beliefs and got to determine whether or not we agree with his views before we make him our baby's doctor. We decided that Dr. Locher at Saint Michael's Hospital is just fine with us. He has lots of experience and he is right on par with our ideas of what we'd like for our children. I felt kinda weird at first setting up the appointment I actually asked the woman on the phone if it was strange of me to request a meeting with the doctor. She told me that a lot of parents do it and that it's perfectly acceptable. Thank goodness because I feel much better now that we have a doctor and we know what to expect from him.
When do you think I'll have her? Click this link to place your bet on the Guess the Arrival Calendar and you could win a $50 gift certificate to the Talent Shop inside the new Goodwill in Rib Mountain, a pair of 4 day passes to Country Fest in Cadott, and an overnight stay and waterpark passes to the Grand Lodge by Stoney Creek http://wdez.com/nikkis-guess-the-arrival/