Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 (24-oz.) container 4% small-curd smooth-and-creamy cottage cheese
1 (16-oz.) container ricotta cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup refrigerated pesto
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 (24-oz.) jars tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, stir together cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
3. Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 7 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
4. Layer 1 cup beef mixture, 3 noodles, and 2 1/2 cups cottage cheese mixture in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 2 cups beef mixture, and 3 more noodles. Top with remaining cottage cheese mixture, 3 noodles, and beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake, covered, at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes or until cheese is browned. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Note: Freeze unbaked lasagna up to 3 months. To bake, thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Let stand 30 minutes; bake as directed.
Borrowed from Southern Living, September 2010
Get other great recipes here http://wdez.com/blogs/cassacopia/