Thanks to Granny's Favorites Cookbooks, here's how to make one of my favorite Fair Foods whenever you want. The best part is, it's simple and DELICIOUS!
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour...or coconut flour to make gluten free
2 Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
Oil for frying, enough to cover the bottom of the skillet
Powdered sugar for topping
- Mix egg and milk. Sift dry ingredients and gradually add to milk mixture, beat until smooth.
- Preheat oil in fry pan to 375 degrees F. (I use an electric skillet, easier to control)
- Pour batter into hot oil with a funnel with a ½ “ or ¾” hole. Let batter drizzle into hot oil. Spiraling to create a circle.
- Cook about 1 minute, flip over, cooking both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fruit preserves while still warm.
- Pretend you're at the Fair and stuff your face.