When Mia was first born both Josh and I were struggling to figure out how to play with her. She couldn't do anything but lay there and most of the time she was sleeping. We even asked someone for play time ideas. Now that she's older and interacting with more stuff it's easy to play with her.
Here are some ideas for some fun things to do with babies 4-6 months old:
- At this age babies are developing all their senses. Let baby smell different spices like vanilla, mint, and cinnamon.
- Babies love faces. Play, "Who's that baby in the mirror." She will love to look at herself in the mirror, but won't recognize that it's her. Mia smiles like crazy when we do this.
- "I'm gonna get you!" Babies have a sense of anticipation now so when you tell her you're gonna give her kisses and she will smile and laugh in anticipation. Josh and I always say "Mia, it's kisses time!" She smiles and offers a cheek to me then the other to Josh for kisses.
- At bath time we always play "This little piggy." She doesn't care much either way about this one yet.
- Tummy time is very important for building strength in her back, neck, and chest. Mia only likes to be on her belly if she rolls onto it herself. If I lay her down on her belly she gets mad! While on her belly I lay on my belly so when she lifts her head she can see me. She likes that.
- Fly baby fly is one game Mia doesn't like very much. At least not yet.
- Now that it's spring time and it has been so beautiful get outside and blow some bubbles. Babies love to watch bubbles.
Mia hasn't started giggling yet, but we're hoping she starts soon.