Since I became a mom 8 years ago, I have learned a lot of things from my kids. Some things that I could have gone my whole life without knowing, and some that I am not sure how I lived before I knew. I have been meaning to write them down so I figured I would share them with you all too!
1. I am not nearly as cool as I once was.
2. I am not nearly as funny as I think I am.
3. Being cool and funny is not nearly as important as it once was.
4. I realize that my kids not appreciating what I do for them is a good thing, because that means that they are happy, and take things like always having clean underwear and a home cooked meal for granted.
5. I can be the best mom in the world, and the worst at the very same moment, it just depends on which kid you ask.
6. It makes me happy when the kids come into a room and bust Bryan and I hugging or kissing. It grosses them out, but in this day and age having two married parents is so rare, I am glad they have that.
7. Trying to watch a show with 3 kids awake in the house is impossible.
8. Taking your kids to a sporting event or a movie is ALL about the snacks.
9. Poop stinks.
10. Sick kids are no fun, but they sure are snuggly.
11. Sometimes in order for parents to understand a story, you need to go into way too much detail, and say it at least 5 times.
12. I could easily get through a day by only saying these things: "Hurry Up" "No, its not snack time." "No you can not play games on my phone." "I love you" "Shhhhh"
13. Going out at 11pm used to be fun. Now, I would rather stay home in my pajamas and snuggle on the couch with my kids.
14. You have no concept of what being a parent is like, until you are one.
15. Having kids makes you cry at really dumb things.
16. Seeing my kids all snuggled up reading makes me happier than I ever thought it could.
17. Grandparents lose a part of their brains when they become grandparents.
18. You have to thank God for ALL your toys, EVERY night. I haven't learned why yet.
19. If you are going to be traveling in the car, avoid going to the bathroom before you leave at all costs so that you will have to stop at a gas station driving your parents crazy.
20. Happy meal toys are not as cool when you are an adult.